Lila was living life as a normal pup when her family noticed she started acting a little less like her usual self. Her symptoms progressed to difficulty breathing, and that’s when she was rushed to the veterinary ER. Medical staff ran quick diagnostics and discovered that her chest was full of blood. Apparently, while curious little Lila was running around outside one day, she found rat-poison and quickly ingested it. Her family was unable to commit to the time and finances needed for her recovery, so our amazing partner, One Tail at a Time, stepped in.
By the time Lila arrived at the ER, her situation was already dire. She was immediately hospitalized for stabilization and began antidote therapy. Medical staff quickly jumped into action and worked to provide emergency intervention to stabilize blood clotting and oxygenation. From the ER doctors to her techs, to the entire staff and volunteer community, Lila has been an absolute dream to everyone who has crossed her path – even through this difficult time. Without lifesaving intervention, sweet and loving Lila would not survive these circumstances.